Since early 2011, the ARI Institute has been in ongoing communication with the UN, participating and presenting in UN & UNESCO held events, contributing to an ongoing discussion on a wide range of topics covering global education for adults, children and youth, building peace through education, social transformation, social policy analysis, womena��s involvement in science, technology, education, social innovation and more.
The following is a summary of some events in the ARI/UN communication:
- March 2011– Proposal for an integral education method presented to UNESCO Director General Mrs. Irina Bokova in France.
- March 2011 a�� Participation at UNESCOa��s annual evaluation a�?Education for All Global Monitoring Report,a�? at Columbia University, New York.
- March 2011 a�� Participation in a�?Building Peace: Reconciliation through Education, the Sciences, Culture and Communication,a�? held at the United Nations Headquarters in New York.
- March 2011 a�� Participation at UNESCOa��s conference a�?Youth Participation in Social Transformations: Initiatives and Participation,a�? in Moscow.
- June 2011 a�� Participation at the 27th International Women Leadersa�� Conference on a�?Science, Technology and Innovation: Education and Training for Women and Girls,a�? organized by UNESCO.
- July 2011 a�� Proposal a�?Global and Integral Education as a Solution to the Crisisa�? presented at the 8th Forum of Ministers of Social Development of Latin America organized by UNESCO, in El Salvador.
- September 2011 a�� Proposal a�?Global and Integral Education as a Solution to the Crisisa�? presented to the UNa��s Deputy Secretary General Dr. Asha Rose Migiro.
- September 2011 a�� Presentation a�?Kids Bonding Through Sports Gamesa�? presented in ICSSPEa��s International Conference on Sport for Development and Peace.
- November 2011 a�� Participation in a�?Women Actors of Development for Global Challengesa�? symposium in Paris, as part of the Millenia 2015 international project.
- December 2011 a�� An integral education course proposal as a solution for dealing with rising numbers of unemployed presented to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon.